Patients helping patients…
Do you have experience (good or bad) of patient involvement as a patient or as a carer (or family member)?
Can you spare a little time?
Do you want to help influence how patients get involved?
Do you want to turn your patient experience into patient expertise?
As kidney patients and carers, we have a considerable amount of collective patient involvement experience, at various levels.
One of KPIN’s goals is to try and capture this experience and insights to help other patients gain a better perspective on what patient involvement looks like within kidney services and perhaps prepare them for an activity they may be considering becoming involved in.
How can I help?
You can potentially help by…
- Supporting the appropriate KPIN Group
- Helping review various KPIN development, review, evaluation activities
- Creating, helping or supporting KPIN in the production/sharing of resources
- Helping create or support various KPIN run events across a range of patient involvement aspects
- Suggest a resource/activity it would be helpful for KPIN to cover.
We are also keen to help patients and/or carers who want to get involved by sharing our experiences and providing a greater understanding of what ‘Patient Involvement’ means, as well as what to look out for.